Prepping for my first Plein Air Travel Trip

ART & DANCE
A PLEIN AIR - DANCE - ADVENTURE

This has been a long time in the planning, and a dream in the making...



In a few weeks, Fiona, Tanner and I will be heading out for an exciting journey...

Plein Air Travel.... and a bonus is that it began as just a dance tour trip for Fiona and her Irish Dance team... The McNulty School of Irish Dance, Ireland Tour 2019,  But lo-and-behold, the calendar of her dance team trip and "Art in the Open" in Wexford, Ireland just aligned perfectly.

So... in just a few weeks we will have packed bags and be embarking on our first (of many more) art and dance travel journeys.

The planning for each day is a mix of Business and Pleasure along with learning (me) and practice (her) and exploring (both) and visiting with friend and family along the way.


In the recent weeks, Fiona has been to workshops, dance classes, festivals and feis.... she is stage ready and prepared as much as any 13 year old would be.... What is most important?  Songs on her playlist in the right order, and what shade of primer and eye-shadow looks the best in the sunlight......

Her meals are balanced enough with protein, fruits and veggies with an occasional splurge of mac-n-cheese... and sushi at least once a week.

This is Tanner with Fiona - Tanner gets to be my + 1 teenager during our travels...  






Before any dancing though, Fiona and Tanner have the toughest job in the world.... being teenagers exploring London for a few days.... During our trip to England and Ireland, our little Trio will be exploring our way through food, fun and anything else that we can squeeze into our limited time.

then hanging out with MOM and Exploring a bit of Ireland on their own for a few days before the dancing begins... Who wouldn't love this?  


I have also been preparing for the trip by keeping my paints fresh and getting out to do plein air as much as possible.  I invested in new Water Mixable Oils which take a bit of getting used to, but I'm figuring it all out and enjoying the process of learning.  They are ideal for travel and will be fun to play with in Ireland.  

 I have done a few quick art demonstration days where I've used these new paints to challenge myself in the "quick paint" process...   I'm excited to see what I will be inspired by in the coming weeks.

Between now and then, (2 weeks) I'll be focusing on Quick Sketches and Urban Sketching as a way to warm up and just get in tune with myself....

So... Onward to Wexford we go....


Comments

Gee said…
I will be following your trip with great interest as I am Tanner’ s grandmother in Arizona Linda Hoover wishing I could tag along. Have a wonderful trip and thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Popular posts from this blog

Art Lessons art Partys... for children and artists of all ages.

September 2023: Studio on Wheels