The Summer of Quarantine

It's hard to keep focused and busy when there's no where to go.
We have few obligations, yet we are busy keeping ourselves engaged, inspired, and with a sense of purpose.

 


So, in between paintings I am finding ways to explore in the kitchen.  Here's a colorful "Skittles" explosion cake with a hidden surprise inside for my friends son.  He turned 11 last week. 


 I have joined an Atelier group to keep my artist mind at work.  Our current challenge is to be a "Copy Master", which encourages me to study and learn from one of the old masters.  This is because we can't go to museums and sketch at the moment.  So I have selected works by William Henry Hunt for my master.  His watercolors of Flowers, Fruits, and Nests are beautiful.  I have been working on this floral and using small vignettes am working different sections throughout the month.

  I noticed last night that there was something moving on the Rosemary... and at closer look believe that teeny tiny caterpillars were nested inside and now are hatching, and eating the purple flowers.  So, I cannot keep this Rosemary and will need to replace it today... That's okay, I'm glad I noticed before I have a batch of Moths in my studio.



In my breaks from painting, I'm using watercolors and markers in my coloring books!


And of course, "Granny's Tea cup" is a lesson I've been working on.
This is done with Watercolor Pencils and direct Watercolor Painting!



A Previous On Line Demonstration was the Sunflower in Watercolor and Ink.


I enjoyed painting these sea shells.

The Primary Sailboat has become one of my first Kindergarten/Elementary lessons now.
I really have enjoyed various renditions.  Using Watercolors, Pastels, and Crayons.
It is starting to take on a "Van Gogh" effect with this one.  I also added some Acrylic Paints to this last one.


Field Trips are more challenging, but I did manage to go out to Echo Park a few weeks ago.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Lessons art Partys... for children and artists of all ages.

September 2023: Studio on Wheels