Behind the Scenes: Who is in my back pocket?

Every once in a while it is important to stop and assess where I am and how I got here.


It is so important to recognize the important people around you, and  those who have an influence on you and your business and a positive and productive energy that is a compliment to your life, and your business and your overall life and lifestyle.    In our current "Covid" climate it is essential to realize that adaption is needed, as is a little bit of "Thank you" and "Here ya go" to keep us all moving forward.

So my Family: yes... of course my parents, brother & husband, as well as my kids...  Certainly support me and realize my spontaneous, creative visions are sometimes like a kaleidoscope... colorful, chaotic, confusing, but ultimately encapsulated for your viewing pleasure!

My Friends: Those that show up.... Those that support....  Those that give a shout out....  You know who you are.  Creative supporters who by your very presence keep me functioning behind the scenes!

Creative Professionals, Friends, and Colleagues:  These are the ones who understand the business and friendship hybrid model.  These are the ones who share in the creative passion.   These are the ones who understand my "ARTISTIC HOARDING CAPABILITIES" and are equally passionate for various reasons.

And my Social Media Supporters:  These may be artists and mentors who I've only met on line, or interacted with on a virtual stage... but important none-the-less.  


I would absolutely love to give a shout out and link to each and every one of my friends and family, but also realize that due to Privacy and Personal wishes, I wont do that...  But... For those who do have a FB/Social Media/Instagram and such,... of course I'm going to give you a plug!

So below is a list of Artists, Mentors, or Creative Professionals who deserve a pat on the back, or a virtual high-five because they have had some sort of positive influence on me over the past year (and way beyond that)... during pandemic times, time is irrelevant. I've included links to their pages where appropriate too!


Lori Putnam (Plein Air Artist & Mentor)  I've been following and learning from Lori for several years.  I have her DVD on "Bold Brushstrokes" which truly is a great foundation for being an impressionistic painter.  I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in Art in the Open in Ireland,  took a workshop from her in Wexford in 2019.  One day I'll get out to Tennessee to experience a fall workshop....  for now, Virtual will have to do!  Visit her page here: Lori Putnam

Thomas Kitts (Plein Air Artist & Mentor) I also met and took a workshop from Thomas in Ireland in 2019.  He is an award winning West Coast artist and has a passion for understanding the education behind the artist as much as I do.  I'm looking forward to an upcoming color workshop this year. Visit his page here: Thomas Kitts

Claudia Kazachinsky (South Bay Artist & Designer) A local artist in the South Bay, who much like myself, can be found enjoying our local neighborhoods with sketchbook and colors in hand.  She has a beautiful collection of Watercolors that have been a result of  our "Covid Collections".  You can see more of her work here: Claudia on FB

Jen Beaudet Zondervan  (California Impressionist Painter) Also a local artist... We've associated in the same circles.  We've painted in the same classrooms, yet our connection is still through the magic of facebook and instagram.   Watch for new works by Jen here: Jen Beaudet Zondervan (Jen Z)  And one of these days we might be able to collaborate on something magical!  

Lori May (Artist, Photographer, Life-Coach, Author) Somehow Lori and I have connected on an artistic and spiritual level.  Her work with youth, connecting people with nature and the outside world is amazing and inspiring.  Please visit her page here: Blue Mountain Path Coaching

Matt Philleo (Acrylic Portrait School) It would be neglectful if I didn't explain that my current improvement in my Portrait Paintings is due to being in the Realistic Acrylic Portrait School... I started taking the on-line courses at the beginning of the pandemic.  The paintings speak for the details and tutelage provided by Matt and the other students in our critique sessions.  

Jennifer Story (Chef Jen at Cookin' Thyme) One could not be more proud and supportive of such a wonderful, amazing, and professional friend.  Jennifer is such an amazing chef, and truly an amazing event planner.  I shall promote and recommend JEN for any professional and private event.  Amazing attention to detail, that any ARTIST would and should embrace.  Professional practices that were "Safe" and "Socially Responsible" before it was a trendy thing.  We used Chef Jen for our private Graduation Party, and let me just say ---  AMAZING!!!!!


Dulce Stein:  Most Professional Art Manager / Art Curator / Community Leader and an amazing friend. Girls night? Yes!  Artist Night? Yes!  Art Philanthropy? Yes!  Dulce is everything I could ever ask for in a friend, professional companion, and all around amazing friend.   Yes...  I can fan girl and gush.... Dulce, from my first meeting with her, has been a "spark" in my professional career.  Her heart is in her job. Her heart is in the ART. Her heART is in everything she touches.  

Dulce Stein Presents: has a new upcoming show themed on Flowers... as well as some exciting Community Events coming up soon!  YES... I SUGGEST YOU WATCH ME ON INSTAGRAM TO KEEP UP TO DATE ON THIS FAST APPROACHING SPECIAL EVENT!!!!   YES!!! #suzanneartist on Instagram!!! 

AND last, but not least: the Gibson IT Guy: David..... Yep.. this is a mom gush here.  Our son, David, has become quite the IT guy and is helping me figure out the best way to do the Zoom and On line teaching thing!  Yes, he is custom building my computer and re-organizing the home to be as efficient as possible.  He's working full-time and going to school too... so this boy has suddenly become aware of his gift and talent,.... and well... yep.... AWESOME as hubby gets to sit back and teach him, and I get to see it all happen!  He's not in business yet, but if you have a question, just leave a comment and we'll get in touch. (He's not ready to publish his details yet).

Seriously, I could add about 12 more people here...... but I'll hold back.... Please explore the links above, and say "Hello" to each of my friends and professional colleagues....  It is important to me that we support and share the connections, especially in this strange covid world we live in!  

And my personal friends: Deanna, Dayna, Heather, Racheal and Rachael... Through all your own personal moments, you know, we know... we are all here!  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Lessons art Partys... for children and artists of all ages.

September 2023: Studio on Wheels