CV - Yes... I've updated it!


Writing about ones self is a daunting task.  When people ask what I do, I can tell them.  When people ask what I want to be doing, and I can give a general answer with a few specific details.  However, when asked to put it all down on paper it becomes quite daunting.  It's like asking someone to update their resume.  Which on it's own seems fairly simple... but then you need to focus in and use a microscope to determine what is important, and what is not necessarily at all.
I'm not trying to re-invent myself... however, I would say that over the past few decades it comes down to "fine tuning" and as wine lovers would agree, "maturing"...  

As an Artist:
I began my career with a box of crayons... then was encouraged with Oils, Calligraphy, Sewing, and Clay.  Anything I was curious about, I was given the tools, or books, or the method.  Encyclopedias were cool. 
I've now been a professional artist 🎨  for over 35 years.  The first half was spent launching and building my Interior Design and Fine Art Studio, and the Second half has been spent filling it. 
Painting has become my forte. Acrylic,  Oils, Watercolor, and a variety of mixed media... but COLOR..... Mixing Color is what I enjoy.
Exploring new locations and painting en Plein Air....Traveling to paint on location.... Attending workshops and instructional paint outs and demonstrations presented by prolific artists: Lori Putnam and Thomas Kitts, I find value in continuing to learn.  
Participate.... wherever I go, I try to do more than sit on the sidelines.  I'm usually the active participant.  I enjoy giving art demonstrations.  

Developing my style? Classic California  Impressionistic with thick lines and brush strokes.  Natural.  Soft Edges. I study the classics and develop a method to put into practice.  Primary colors. 

During this pandemic I've brought my studio on line.  This is something I've always thought about,  and wanted to do.  2020 gas made that happen.  ZoomStudio, YouTube Classrooms and Google Meets... I'm exploring it all.

         Suzannegibsonartist@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Lessons art Partys... for children and artists of all ages.

September 2023: Studio on Wheels