"Morning Coves" - Palos Verdes - Plein Air - July 2nd.

On Monday I went up to Palos Verdes to get a morning of painting in.
I was enjoying the cool morning with scattered clouds and watched as the sun broke through.

 After blocking in the sky and figuring out where my earth, sea and sky should meet, I quickly figured out where the deepest shade of blue in the water should be.  With the sky constantly changing in tandem with the water currents, this will always be a challenge for me.









When you consider this to be my office window on a Monday Morning.... who's complaining?

I'm certainly appreciative!




Sky full of cotton balls, I opted for a more textured representation of clouds... deep and fluffy.



I have learned that watching where the shore is in relation to specific landmarks is important.  These things change as the tide comes in and out.




While painting with a group of ladies, we are often stopped by joggers or walkers who ask questions and chat with us.  It is a pleasure to interact with those admiring our work.

This week the others were using pastels, watercolors, pencil sketch, and I was using oils.

As everyone else packed up and went off for the day, I stayed a few minutes longer as oils just take a bit more time to clean up... wiping brushes, securing my rolling case, my trash (oily paper towels) and as I was set up on a beach towel and had my larger case with me I was just taking my time, enjoying the sun that was now blazing! 

One of the joggers on her return trek stopped to talk with me, and by the end of the conversation she was now the owner of my "fresh of the easel" painting.

I titled it "Morning Coves" and it is an 8" x 10" oil on canvas board, on it's way to Dallas, Texas!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Lessons art Partys... for children and artists of all ages.

September 2023: Studio on Wheels