September 2 & 3

Being Labor Day weekend, and warm, I was fortunate to carve out a bit of time on Monday Morning to paint with a group in Redondo Beach.  We went the Morrell House / Historical Museum at Domiguez Park.  It's a pretty house that I've been to before (years ago) when Fiona was little.  I enjoy the rose garden the quite a bit. 

I took the opportunity to reflect on the workshops I did with Lori Putnam and Thomas Kitts when I was in Wexford in July.  Reflective Surfaces, Plains, Light, Shadows, and Blocks of Color.

September 2, 2019

"Morrell House & Rose Garden"

16" x 12" Oil on Canvas


 September 3, 2019

"Plumerias"

10" x 10" Oil on Linen primed with clear Gesso

The Plumerias are blooming well in this warm weather.  This is the second year I've had multiple blooms on what once appeared to be a stick coming out of a pot... and not much more. 
Fortunately the bright white blooms are also fragrant.  I think I'll be moving these into a bigger, prettier pot before the end of the week.... Where they are is quite lonely...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Lessons art Partys... for children and artists of all ages.

September 2023: Studio on Wheels